It’s that time of year: backyard soirees, rooftop cocktail parties, and an endless parade of weddings (and rehearsal dinners and showers). And if you’re anything like me, you have plenty of dresses and skirts in your closet to choose from, some still with tags on them. Yet, nothing I have seems to quite capture the vibrant hues and explosion of color that seem to define the Spring/Summer 2011 style.
So to solve this little dilemma, I have rounded up a few affordable dresses and skirts that can really add a little pop of color to my wardrobe from a few of my favorite designers of late: Amanda Uprichard, Halston Heritage, Alice and Olivia, and Maline Berger.
1. Crystal Body Silk Dress by Amanda Uprichard, $194 at Cusp
2. Skirt by Amanda Uprichard, as featured in designer’s lookbook
3. Fierra Y Back Dress by Alice + Olivia, $198 at Shopbop
4. Deep V Dolman Dress by Halston Heritage, $325 at Shopbop
5. Wolla Jersey Maxi Dress by Maline Berger, $275 at Net-a-porter